In the annual survey conducted by Travel and Leisure magazine, Boracay was voted World’s Best Island Overall for 2012 beating such famous holiday destinations like Bali in Indonesia, Maui in Hawaii and Santorini in Greece. Yes, the Philippines’ best kept secret is no longer hush hush and is now top of the sand heap.
We’ll let you in on another secret. Boracay is not only the “Best Beach in the World”; Boracay is the “Best Beach Destination for Weddings”.
On the same magazine issue Discovery Shores Boracay was voted fifth best hotel in the world. With modern boutique hotel amenities, attentive staff and delicious food, Discovery Shores is the place to get married on Boracay.
Aside from Discovery Shores, here are other reasons why Boracay is the best place to get married:
Different beaches to suit your taste.
- A two kilometer stretch white beach with every cuisine in the world and accommodations perfect for any budget, from $50 to $500 a night.
- A laid back Bulabog beach perfect for kite surfing and a haven for westerners living the backpacker lifestyle.
- A secluded beach called Puka beach which is barely touched by commerce.
- A luxury resort beach in Shangri-la Boracay.
Every type of activity for your guests to enjoy before, during and after the wedding.
- Your guests can enjoy all type of water sports: Jet ski, scuba dive, stand up paddle board, kite surfing, parasailing, banana boat rides, snorkeling and helmet diving. Boracay has it all and at reasonable rates.
- Boracay also has other vacation adventures such as Golf, trekking Mount Luho, watching huge fruit bats in their habita, 4×4 ATV, GoKarts, Segway explorations, Mountain bike rentals and going down the hill in a Zorb ball.
The Philippines have the best wedding suppliers on the planet.
- Filipino wedding photographers and videographers regularly travel the world to cover weddings in a lot of countries.
- Florists in the Philippines can make drop dead beautiful bouquets at a fraction of the cost in the US.
- Amanda Tirol,the premiere wedding planner on the island, can help you book the best wedding supplier that fits your budget.
Best reason of all.
- Walking on the most powdery white sand your feet will ever touch, facing the sun as it sets off the Sulu sea, reciting your heartfelt vows to the love of your life while friends and family watch.